After Julia Louis-Dreyfus bested Lena Dunham in the Best Actress - Comedy category, my other favorite surprise at last night's Emmy Awards was the In Memoriam montage, which slipped into a Grammy montage with shout-outs to Whitney Houston and Donna Summer.
And then---bonus surprise---Steve Jobs was mentioned, which caused many people to ask. . .uh. . .why?
Jobs innovated technology and the way people watch television, which is probably why the Emmy people decided to feature him in the montage. Plus, Noah Wyle played him in a TV movie---that's got to count for something!
OR---the Emmy peeps could have singled out Jobs because of these five (fake) facts about the Apple genius:
1. He played Maris on "Frasier."
2. He told CBS that if they kept "Viva Laughlin" on the air, he would never make another iPhone.
3. He got the idea to wear a black turtleneck from Dieter on "Sprockets."
4. He single-handedly built Vicky the Robot on "Small Wonder."
5. He was what Willis was talkin' about.