My obsession with Daryl Hall took a turn for the crazed last night, as I turned out for the Hall & Oates concert at Stage AE in Pittsburgh, complete with undies to throw on stage.
The one bad thing about seeing the greatest pop duo of all time is that you can't hear EVERY song you'd like to hear (even with two encores!).
They did all of the classics ("You Make My Dreams," "Private Eyes," "Sara Smile"), some real oldies ("When the Morning Comes," "Las Vegas Turnaround"), and LFDH staples ("Say It Isn't So").
Here are 5 songs I had hoped they would do, but knew that they wouldn't:
1. "Do What You Want, Be What You Are." I really wanted to hear Daryl wail on this one: "It's your game/It's your deal/It's your game/It's your deeeeeaaaaaaal."
2. "Back Together Again." I probably would have had chills if they opened with this!
3. "Did It In A Minute." I know, I know, I know, I know---it was a long shot they'd do this one.
4. "Life's Too Short." A newer song and still good!
5. "Fall in Philadelphia." Pittsburghers probably would have booed, but how could they when Oates donned a Steelers jersey and twirled the Terrible Towel (for realzies!)?